• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need to know minimums and max on a motion to revoke

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


JDavis, TX

my husband went and turned himself in today, on a felony motion to revoke probation warrant. it is and isn't his fault he put in a transfer so we could me the po said ok, and told us to go ahead, after we had moved, she changed her mind and said come back, but we had already rented our house out, and had no jobs there, We then told her to have his original PO please contact us, so we could get a transfer thru him, but he never contacted us. It has been less than one month and they issued the warrent yesterday, and already had our new address...we gave it to them thinking everthing was cool, and being done right... they came to the house but we weren't there, when we gotr there, there was a card on the door saying call.
we did found out what it was about, and he turned himself in. If it is all just a miscommunication, do ya'll think he will have to serve time?
his original sentence was 5 years in state jail, but the judge let him off with 9 months in substance abuse felony punishment facility, and 3months in a half way house, then the rest of his sentence was suposed to be probation(defferd adjuticated) till sept. 18 of 2001...I cant believe we were so close and they screwed us around...any ideas?
any facts ? or just advice?



What did you expect? Most parole officers are people who want the power of a cop without having to pass the intelligence/physical tests. Get a lawyer. If they try to violate him for leaving, you can say you had permission. If they try to violate him fr not returning when permission was revoked, you can argue undue hardship, since you'd gotten new jobs & had nowhere to live. Ask your attorney if you can move to have probation terminated, based on him cleaning up his life for the last 4 years so he can "get out of the system". (That's the magic phrase.)

This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential