• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need to sell home badly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

imalady

What is the name of your state? missouri
i have a very nice house im trying to sell about 100 miles from where i've moved to take a new job..my house has been on the market since jan 2002 but not even so much as an offer...is there anyway i can get rid of this house where i don't have to suffer a loss...such as donating to charity or something....im a single woman and have no idea how to fix or repair anything so i really don't want strangers living in my house while im waiting for it to sell so id rather not rent it...any ideas???

HomeGuru

imalady said:
What is the name of your state? missouri
i have a very nice house im trying to sell about 100 miles from where i've moved to take a new job..my house has been on the market since jan 2002 but not even so much as an offer...is there anyway i can get rid of this house where i don't have to suffer a loss...such as donating to charity or something....im a single woman and have no idea how to fix or repair anything so i really don't want strangers living in my house while im waiting for it to sell so id rather not rent it...any ideas???

**A: sure, we gots lots of ideas. Tell us what have you done thus far to sell the property.
Is is listed with a Realtor?

If so, list the things that your Realtor has done to try to market the property.
What is the market value of the property and what is your mortgage balance?
Why has the property not sold or generated any offers?

M

Mkygaga

My goodness I wish I lived near you.....I am in Long Island, NY and have never known anyone who had this hard of a time selling. In fact, I have been looking close to 2 years so far!!!!!!!

Looks like you need a better (bigger) real estate agent.

Make sure you find one that uses "multiple listing services" where all realtors can access it via the internet.

ALSO, I found lots of sites where homeowners can advertise thier own homes for sale for FREE. You may even attract an investor (for rental purposes). I love when the sellers take pics of their homes at different angles, rooms, etc. and post them on the site. It is SO EASY to know if I am interested or not......and it saves the seller time too, I am sure.

Good luck.

I

imalady

missouri
i have listed it with a realtor who has listed it on the internet and put it in the newspaper...it's in a relatively small town 10,000 pop ..i have it listed for $49,500...i have it paid off so there is no mortgage balance...it's a VERY nice home all on one level so no stairs three good sized bedrooms and a large living room...only drawbacks are small kitchen and bathroom..but nice size laundry room and attached garage and carport....it can be seen at www.grahamsold.com...i don't know why no offers have been made other than maybe the economy has people scared..my thoughts on buying a house..you gotta have a place to live..why not own it?? what are the sites where i can advertise for free?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">