• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Needing Justice AGAIN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL I am here again and I just have one question..... how can a judge let a person go on pre trial with no supervision (ankle bracelet, day reporting) while awaiting trial or further proceedings when there are 2 felony armed robberies (a gun was used both times) a felony kidnapping armed (again a gun) and a felony drug charge. This person was let out on pre trial (unsupervised) with the drug charge then she appeared again with attempted robbery with a fire arm and tampering with evidence (the tampering charge was dropped just a misdemeaner) then after 20 days or so they again released her then she just showed up again with the second armed robbery and kidnapping charge she did 20 days and just got released again yesterday. I am afraid for anyone that comes into contact with her. does she have to kill someone before they keep her off the streets? Am I wrong but should she be held. All cases have been combined and are in front of the same judge. This is habitual behavior for this person she is 19 now and has been habitual since 15. Always robbery or burglary total of like 6 inciednts. She seems to be above the law. A gang banger claiming Crip.

Curt581

how can a judge let a person go on pre trial with no supervision (ankle bracelet, day reporting) while awaiting trial or further proceedings when there are 2 felony armed robberies (a gun was used both times) a felony kidnapping armed (again a gun) and a felony drug charge.
How? By an attorney filing a petition with the court and a judge ordering it. He's a judge. He can do that.

"Why" he would order it is an entirely separate question, one which no one here can answer.

does she have to kill someone before they keep her off the streets?
Apparently. In any case, no one here has the authority to over-rule the judge.

Am I wrong but should she be held.
We can't answer that. We don't have access to the information the judge has.

Did you just come here to vent, or were you trying to find legal information? We obviously don't know what the judge was thinking when he agreed to her release. Maybe he had valid reasons, maybe not.

i came here for both, venting and legal insight. i just don't understand. sorry to bother you. thank you for the comments.

"Have you considered all the benefits suicide might offer?" ..... a bit harsh ....

Last edited:
curt581

I thought too that judges have some discression but that there were certain guidelines that needed to be followed.... So you are saying that if she killed someone and the judge wanted to let her go he could?

Curt581

"Have you considered all the benefits suicide might offer?" ..... a bit harsh ....
That's my signature line. It appears in all my posts. It's not directed at you.

Yes, it's harsh, but some people who post questions here NEED 'harsh'.

Don't take my word for it, read some of the posts here.

Curt581

I thought too that judges have some discression but that there were certain guidelines that needed to be followed.... So you are saying that if she killed someone and the judge wanted to let her go he could?
There aren't many guidelines for bail. The purpose of bail is to ensure the defendant returns to court, nothing more.

If she killed someone, the bail would likely be much higher, but a bail amount would in all likelyhood be set. If she was able to raise that amount and post it, she would be released.

gotcha..... thank you that makes me understand all of this. Justice may still come in due time.

I understand the signature line just had a hair across my (you know)sorry, and again thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">