• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Needing Justice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL I am writing to ask... there is a girl that is a habitual offender but always seems to get a brake. In the past 6 months she has racked up 4 felony charges 1 kidnapping, 2 robbery with fire arm (and yes a gun was used) and a felony drug charge. I know in the state of Fl it is manditory prison time when you score higher than 44 I am sure she scores more than that and she will probably try for her youthful offender as she is only 19. I have a grandson that is in for less than that and he got max of his youthful offender (6 years in youthful offender prison) I know it is up to the judge but in your opinion is there any way a judge can justify not sending her to prison? There is a patern of this behavior with this girl for years way back into her minor years. In FL also it is supposed to be manditory 10/20/life for crimes with guns can the youthful offender over ride this manditoy sentencing? 10 if you do a crime with a gun in your possesion 20 if it is shown in a threatening way and life if used. She is counting on the judge being easy with her as he is retiring the end of this year. All four felonies are before the same judge. He also saw her as a minor for the same type of charges minus the gun...... thats new for her. Just courious. Thank you

seniorjudge

Q: In FL also it is supposed to be manditory 10/20/life for crimes with guns can the youthful offender over ride this manditoy sentencing?

A: Cite the statute.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">