• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Needing to be with grandbaby

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ChunkyMonkey

What is the name of your state?Arkansas. I would like to apologize if I'm not in the part! Back in 2008 my daughter accused her dad and I of beating her everyday and selling her for drugs.
She was fifteen than. It was the beginning of her summer break! She wanting to spend a few weeks with her uncle in a few states away. He had only gotten a one-way ticket she was wanting to move there. I told her she wasn't getting on that plane. For a good two and a half weeks she argued and would try to come after me she had even went as far as picking up a 2x4 trying to hit me in the back of the head. So two days before the day the plane ticket was for she called them. A Dhs worker, a female and a male sheriff also. At first I was understanding what was going on because I had surgery on my teeth not even 24hrs ago. The Female sheriff took my husband outside to talk to him as I stayed in my living room with the Dhs worker and the sheriff. I was trying so hard to talk to them but with getting three teeth removed which two of them had to be cut out. I took a drug test and failed. After talking more and letting her everything. She found it to be unfounded and our daughter was left in our custody. Now after 10 years have gone and my has been taken from my daughter and put in foster care with strangers instead of the grandparents who has financially supported them since the day of birth. Now my question is can they use it. I've worked at a school and I'm the one who called them. What can I do if anything.

adjusterjack

When authorities take a child away from the mother they don't give the child to the mother's parent because of the obvious potential for the mother to be allowed to see the child.

You are welcome to consult an attorney but I don't see you getting anything more than an occasional supervised visit at the home of the foster parents if you even get that.

LdiJ

When authorities take a child away from the mother they don't give the child to the mother's parent because of the obvious potential for the mother to be allowed to see the child.

You are welcome to consult an attorney but I don't see you getting anything more than an occasional supervised visit at the home of the foster parents if you even get that.
I am going to disagree with you there AJ. Grandparents are given placement of children by children's services agencies all the time. Its called "kinship care". And yes, the care is provided by maternal relatives just as often as its provided by paternal relatives.

There can be any number of reasons why a grandparent might not be considered to be suitable to provide kinship care, but it certainly would not be because they are a maternal relative...and might simply be because the agency has not yet had time to investigate and approve them for placement.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It wasn't said, but I'd lay better than even odds that everyone lives together. That would explain why the grandparents weren't considered for placement...

LdiJ

It wasn't said, but I'd lay better than even odds that everyone lives together. That would explain why the grandparents weren't considered for placement...
I agree that it's most likely, and also the most likely reason why the grandparent's were not considered. However, even everybody living in the same home does not automatically bar a grandparent from being given placement. They often have to kick the parent out though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">