• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

needs help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?

n.j. - my daugther who is 24 gave up a baby for adoption. no one knew she was pregant - now she is regretting giving up the baby. what legal recourse do we have if any. Also, do I have any grandparental rights.

she does have a history of depression.




is the child already adopted?

how long ago did she place the child for adoption? in some states they have 30-90 days to revoke their consent, in some states the consents are irrovokable, meaning once the consent is signed, they cannot change their minds. if the adoption is already final, its too late, you and your daughter are no longer related to the child legally, and you have no rights.


Senior Member
Revocation of Consent
Statute: § 9:3-41(a)

If executed according to provisions, surrender to an agency is valid, binding, and irrevocable, and constitutes a termination of parental rights.

At the discretion of the agency, consent may be set aside when based on fraud, duress, or misrepresentation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential