• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neglegent Therapeutic Foster Care

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You cannot sue for something that hasn't happened yet and may never happen.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
My son has been there since July 11th and it is now September 11th. He has not had any therapy. His first therapy appointment has finally been scheduled for this coming Monday. He is often sitting alone at home. Even when the foster father is there the father is in his room. He doesn't do any activities with my son. They do not even eat dinner together.
What are the requirements for therapy, activities, schooling, etc.?

kakooi

Have you contacted the Alaska Office of Children's Services to check the current licensing of the therapeutic foster care program your son is in?
That is a good idea. Would the Office of Children's Services have that info even though it is not affiliated with them? I will check it out regardless. However, I believe they are in good standing.

HRZ

There also may be an IEP in place as to required schooling and school related activities ?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Is your son on an IEP
There also may be an IEP in place as to required schooling and school related activities ?
If there is an IEP in place, then it should cover travel costs for the parents for therapeutic reasons. I believe that it's more likely that the courts are involved in this in some way.

quincy

There should be demonstrable harm to support a suit against the care giver - but if the foster family is not providing necessary medication, or is putting medicines where the child can improperly self-medicate, it is definitely worth reporting (filing a complaint).

It does seem that there is far more to the story. What has not been said can be important in determining what is the best route to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">