• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neglegent Therapeutic Foster Care

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRZ

Depends....unless transportation is in the IEP for the parent then there is zero basis to expect school to provide for same ...and IF the IEP services are available in the parents school district it makes zero sense for those taxpayers to pay for it based on " other " issues .....it's going to be a long due process battle to get transportation included in an IEP based on the issues posted.

I've read of some whopping transportation costs for parents to visit a child being part of IEP but supposedly for services which were totally unavailable on a local basis.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Depends....unless transportation is in the IEP for the parent then there is zero basis to expect school to provide for same ...
Right - which is why the OP needs to fight to get it included.

HRZ

So far the OP has not posted a single reason the IEP should be readdressed to include his transportation costs nor will it even get addressed wo adherance to the required due process steps.

Zigner

So far the OP has not posted a single reason the IEP should be readdressed to include his transportation costs nor will it even get addressed wo adherance to the required due process steps.
Well, except for all those diagnoses and the fact that the school is already paying for the education component.

Look - I've PERSONALLY dealt with substantially the same matter for THREE of my children. I believe that I'm in a better position to speak to it than you.

HRZ

Having personally litigated multiple matters on my kids IEPs up several court levels I'm of view that getting transportation added for parent IF similar services to deliver a FAPE are available locally is going to be a long uncertain quest .

Zigner

Having personally litigated multiple matters on my kids IEPs up several court levels I'm of view that getting transportation added for parent IF similar services to deliver a FAPE are available locally is going to be a long uncertain quest .
If similar services were available locally, then they'd be provided locally already.

HRZ

And generally speaking no matter what the doctor writes it may carry zero weight and get excluded from the record as hearsay if the doctor is not present at due process hearing for examination by both sides

Zigner

And generally speaking no matter what the doctor writes it may carry zero weight and get excluded from the record as hearsay if the doctor is not present at due process hearing for examination by both sides
The doctor is a member of the IEP team...you've jumped ahead a bit more than may be necessary.

HRZ

I read OP in context that child is NOT residing now in the state/ district where the parent is domociled .

The composition of the team is addressed in the rules.

Zigner

I read OP in context that child is NOT residing now in the state/ district where the parent is domociled .
Actually, temporary absences such as this don't change the residence of the student.

kakooi

We live in the same state of Alaska. However, he is in a different town, and I cannot afford travel to him to be a part of the IEP meetings. All of his services are provided to him locally in Anchorage.

kakooi

Hey Zigner and HRZ do you know if alaska state civil courts can issue an order for the cancellation of a child's Medicaid if it requires a separate application from SSI? But it is a stand alone SSI and Medicaid for a child with a disability. It is not tied to either parent's household.

quincy

Hey Zigner and HRZ do you know if alaska state civil courts can issue an order for the cancellation of a child's Medicaid if it requires a separate application from SSI? But it is a stand alone SSI and Medicaid for a child with a disability. It is not tied to either parent's household.
If you want to address this latest question here, you might want to close your other thread. I see you have already received some responses there.

There is no need for two threads on the same issue. Forum members prefer to have all information kept in one place.

Thanks.

Here is a link to your thread on insurance:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/insurance-issues.649890/

Last edited:

Zigner

I agree with Quincy's advice - but I will say that I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">