• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor burn my house!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

niugnep

What is the name of your state? GA

My neighbor was grilling and his grass caught fire. The wind blew the fire up to our house and it managed to burn into our basement. Our insurance company has been good about paying everything but the problem I have is that I had to burn a week of my vacation time the week after it happened so I could coordinate all the contractors to get quotes to get things fixed. I have since spent a lot of time coordinating the contractors and we have had our lives turned upside down for the past 5 weeks while the repairs are being done. We even had to move out for a week while the wood floors were being refinished. The insurance company is paying for all our expenses which is a good thing.

If I sue my neighbor can I get compensated for pain and suffering we have been going through? and would he have to pay out of his pocked or would his homeowners insurance pay it for him? I do not know my neighbor very well but do want to stay in my subdivision because we love it there. We do not want to be known as being unreasonable.

Thanks!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">