• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor followed me home to find out where I live?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

socsprts7

The other night, I was walking my dogs at night and they walk on both sides of the sidewalk. Sometimes, they’re sniffing and I just let them go ahead (leashed) and sniff what’s around. The neighbor saw me in the yard, and I tugged my dogs to move and keep walking. The next day, I was on the same route, and passed the same neighbor, they came out and yelled at me, saying they’ve called the cops for me trespassing and that my dog pooped on their yard, which is a lie. I usually have bags on me. Anyhow, considering the threatening nature of this neighbor, I decided ok, well I’m not going to walk this route, and be done with it. However, I now received a letter in the mail saying that they have given me notice for “trespassing” and “droppings” and that they will call the police again if they see me again. I’m scared, I don’t know this person, I’ve never talked to them, how did they find out where I live? She must’ve followed me home that day to find out, isn't this harassment, what can I do? Help

Just Blue

The other night, I was walking my dogs at night and they walk on both sides of the sidewalk. Sometimes, they’re sniffing and I just let them go ahead (leashed) and sniff what’s around. The neighbor saw me in the yard, and I tugged my dogs to move and keep walking. The next day, I was on the same route, and passed the same neighbor, they came out and yelled at me, saying they’ve called the cops for me trespassing and that my dog pooped on their yard, which is a lie. I usually have bags on me. Anyhow, considering the threatening nature of this neighbor, I decided ok, well I’m not going to walk this route, and be done with it. However, I now received a letter in the mail saying that they have given me notice for “trespassing” and “droppings” and that they will call the police again if they see me again. I’m scared, I don’t know this person, I’ve never talked to them, how did they find out where I live? She must’ve followed me home that day to find out, isn't this harassment, what can I do? Help
What state?

LdiJ

There really isn't anything you can do other than ignore her. You know that you were not trespassing and you know that you did not leaving droppings on her lawn so just let it roll. Let them call the police. They are the ones who will look like idiots.

socsprts7

There really isn't anything you can do other than ignore her. You know that you were not trespassing and you know that you did not leaving droppings on her lawn so just let it roll. Let them call the police. They are the ones who will look like idiots.
Yea that's what I planned on doing, except since she found out my address, it means she followed me home just so she could harass me with a letter, which is concerning what she might do in the future, I'm afraid of what she might do if she finds any poop, is she just going to assume its me. I'm definitely avoiding her house on my walks now. Was wondering if I should inform the police that this neighbor followed me home, but maybe ignoring her house from now on will de-escalate the issue and Hopefully it will be the end of it. If she harasses me again, I think I should call the cops correct?

Just Blue

Yea that's what I planned on doing, except since she found out my address, it means she followed me home just so she could harass me with a letter, which is concerning what she might do in the future, I'm afraid of what she might do if she finds any poop, is she just going to assume its me. I'm definitely avoiding her house on my walks now. Was wondering if I should inform the police that this neighbor followed me home, but maybe ignoring her house from now on will de-escalate the issue and Hopefully it will be the end of it. If she harasses me again, I think I should call the cops correct?
The letter is not harassment. Following you to get your address is not harassment. Take your dog on another route and move on.

LdiJ

I think that you are overreacting a bit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">