• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

msdoz

This started apx. 2 years ago, we both had alitter pups, hers were a little older so picked on mine, we both live in the country, no fences, large acreage tracts, figured the dogs would decide who was bigger eventually.
Anyway,her dogs began to come out the loser, so she called the county and said my dogs were chasing her horses, the first lie! The county then passed a leash law, after the first warning we got a ticket and had to go to court, during this time we had placed a fence on our property to keep our dogs in but hers would come down and fight thre the fence, at court this was told to the judge but ther had been no reports called in because my husband would not let me call to report her dogs the judge told him I need to call on her dogs just like she had done on mine, the fine was suspended. Over the year her dogs continued to come down and I took her to court, I had photos, and a viedo of her dogs on my property, by the way the viedo was stolen a week after the officer saw it, and before we went to court. She also was fined and suspended. The dogs continued to fight thru my fence and tore a hole one of hers was killed this was witnessed by her seven year old who was home alone from school, no one else, we have wild dogs, wolfs,etc. but ofcourse she claims mine did it. One of my dogs was missing I found hime in her horse trailer and instead of treaspassing I called the police, I have not seen my dog since. Also only one week past the dog inicident my house burned to the ground. We began building after 3 months of investagating which ended in unkown cause, and the neighbor has called every government agincy they could think of, ie. EPA, which told us we could not pile up the burn debris and would fine us $25,000 per day to ehich I explained they the burn debris was piled up to keep the neighbor child from falling threw the floor and getting hurt and we had not settled yet with the insurance. Then the county building and fire marshall were called but we had done nothing wrong. We had the house sold on less land to someone else but the neighbor's had a letter filled that stopped the sale. We have warranty deed restrictions on our property I had already spoken with the person that placed the deed restrictions and they had agreed to lift them so I could close and move away, but now I can't cause of there letter from an attorney. I will have to take them to court to have this letter(cloud on my title) removed. This is still AMerica isn't it why do I have to tell my neighbor's what I am planing to do with my property. I've had it with these people and now I have to move back till I find another buyer, you would think they would be glad I was moving. I only have one of my dogs left as I said she destroyed one I gave one away. The one I have saved my husband and my life alerting us to the fire. Also the day after the fire I get a threating lawsuite regarding her dog killed for $6,000 which encluded bathind,dipping, clipping,etc. things that had nothing to do with that one day and also child pshy. for her childern who are supppose to be scared of my dgos, yest came into my house on several occasions and even threw his small terrier into my pen and told his Dad he did so because he wanted to see what my dogs would do, which by the way was nothing.This was turned over to my insurance company who has called her and written her attorney several times to investigate but they would respond. He (the child)had to come into my house and get his dog cause my fence did not have a gate.
During our rebuilding they have been taking photos and standing in the back of the truck to watch the workmenand my husband with binoculars.
ANY HELP WOULD BE GRATEFUL! THIS HARASSMENT HAS GOT TO STOP I AM NOW ON NERVE PILLS!THEY TOLD SOMEONE THEY ONLY WANTED AN APPOLIEGY LIE, IF THAT'S ALL THEN WHY NOT TALK TO ME DIRECT INSTEAD OF ALL THIS BULL----!

[email protected]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate currently awaiting Bar results. I offer the following as mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney-client relationship.

I think you need to stop the back and forth bickering and court action. You need to take a step back, relax for a minute and do the following:

1. If you can afford a lawyer, contact attorneypages.com and find a good personal injury or accident attorney. Some offer free consultations.

2. I also suggest contacting your local legal aid society (found in the yellow pages) and find out what they can do to help you simplify your life.

Hope this helps.

M

Msdoz

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lawrat:
I am a law school graduate currently awaiting Bar results. I offer the following as mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney-client relationship.

I think you need to stop the back and forth bickering and court action. You need to take a step back, relax for a minute and do the following:

1. If you can afford a lawyer, contact attorneypages.com and find a good personal injury or accident attorney. Some offer free consultations.

2. I also suggest contacting your local legal aid society (found in the yellow pages) and find out what they can do to help you simplify your life.

Hope this helps.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank You very much for your suggestion, we have tried to leave these people alone as i said we haven't lived there for a year now, you can't imagine how the thought of returning to the new house is not a happy one as it should be as we have lived there for 17 years. I'm sure you will make an excellent lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">