• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor is verbally harrasing family

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chrispaul

What is the name of your state? Utah
I tried this once but lost the message. Sorry
My married daughter and her family are being harrassed by a neighbor. She was friendly when my daughter moved into the nieghborhood, but then my duaghter realized that she didn't want to continue any friendships with her because of integrity issues, so she told the women that she didn't want any more involement with the family. Now the neighbor has become very abusive to the entire family, with profane gestures in public, profanity yelled across the street, (they live two homes away), she has verbally rebuffed the 8 year old son and the 5 year son (my duaghter's children)while they have played in their own front lawn. Today she yelled at 8 year old while he was walking to a friend's house up the street. My daughter called the police a few months ago when the women yelled profanities across the street. The police said they couldn't do anything. My daughter's home has been pelted with pumpkins (last fall) and someone destroyed their garbage container when it was out on the street. They think it is the neigbor but have no proof.The woman has continued to make obscene finger gestures to my daughter at the school while my duaghter was picking up her children. Now my daughter's family is considering a camera survelance on their home for their safetly. What can legally be done?

seniorjudge

Q: What can legally be done?

A: I don't know of any way the law has to make a rat a saint; but if anyone ever does discover such a process, I have a whole list of people I am using it on.

Last edited:

ms.magoo

neighbour is verbally harrassing family

Well I think you're on the right legal track by setting up a surveillance camera on your property. Also keep a journal on the dates an times that this neighbour yells her profanities at your daughters family. Then go an take all of this to a good lawyer an get that legal ball a rolling. Get the lawyer to send that nasty neighbour a firm letter stating that they sieze an desist their bad conduct or else you'll have no choice but to take this matter into a court of law. If they don't comply to that letter, then take all of this to a Judge an get a restraining Order on that nasty neighbour. And then if the woman still doesn't shut up, an quit her bad conduct, she can be taken back into a court of law, for contempt of that restraining Order. That should shut her mouth up, lol. Just my two cents. ;)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ms.magoo said:
Well I think you're on the right legal track by setting up a surveillance camera on your property. Also keep a journal on the dates an times that this neighbour yells her profanities at your daughters family. Then go an take all of this to a good lawyer an get that legal ball a rolling. Get the lawyer to send that nasty neighbour a firm letter stating that they sieze an desist their bad conduct or else you'll have no choice but to take this matter into a court of law. If they don't comply to that letter, then take all of this to a Judge an get a restraining Order on that nasty neighbour. And then if the woman still doesn't shut up, an quit her bad conduct, she can be taken back into a court of law, for contempt of that restraining Order. That should shut her mouth up, lol. Just my two cents. ;)

My response:

Please tell me your response is a joke. It's either that, or you're a foreigner or an uneducated dolt (read High School dropout) who has never heard of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

There's no law against yelling or swearing at an 8 year old.

IAAL

BelizeBreeze

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Please tell me your response is a joke. It's either that, or you're a foreigner or an uneducated dolt (read High School dropout) who has never heard of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

There's no law against yelling or swearing at an 8 year old.

IAAL
This is the same idiot who thinks one neighbor can sue the other for trespass because some vines planted by the second neighbor are encroaching onto the first's property :rolleyes:

Does that tell you something?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

BelizeBreeze said:
This is the same idiot who thinks one neighbor can sue the other for trespass because some vines planted by the second neighbor are encroaching onto the first's property :rolleyes:

Does that tell you something?

My response:

Yes. Ms. Mcgoo is typical of the trailer trash this country is afflicted with - - Bush-loving trailer trash. Bush can only attract the uneducated Dufus people in this country.

IAAL

ms.magoo

neighbour is verbally harrassing family

I cannot help but defend myself to the rude comments that have been directed to me. For one, I do have a highschool diploma, an I majored in english an the fine arts. I achieved high B's an A's for my grades. Secondly, we own 2.5 beautiful acres in the rural country, OWN IT, does that make me trailer trash now ? I wouldn't think so, you duh's. Thirdly, our property is well worth over 100,000.00, does that make me trailer trash? Fourthly, I've been studying civil an criminal, an real estate laws for over 5 years now. Does that sound like trailer trash material ? Sure, sometimes we all make mistakes, but I have also been thanked by some of the posters, an also have had some of the members that are in this site, agree with some of my answers. And as for politics, I give two ****s about Bush, an do not agree how he runs your country. Do me a favour, an leave your political opinions to yourself, I don't care about them. So with that all being said, can we now get back to TRYING to help out people with their legal questions ? Oh and you're very welcome Fudge for agreeing with some of my anwers. ;)

BelizeBreeze

ms.magoo said:
I cannot help but defend myself to the rude comments that have been directed to me. For one, I do have a highschool diploma, an I majored in english an the fine arts.
Wow...what a wonderful background. That should make you eligible for shift supervisor at McDonald's.
I achieved high B's an A's for my grades.
And yet you don't know JACK about the law.
Secondly, we own 2.5 beautiful acres in the rural country, OWN IT, does that make me trailer trash now ? I wouldn't think so, you duh's. Thirdly, our property is well worth over 100,000.00, does that make me trailer trash?
It does in my neighborhood.
Fourthly, I've been studying civil an criminal, an real estate laws for over 5 years now.
and you STILL can't spell.
[/quote]
Does that sound like trailer trash material ?
[/quote]
Yep, because studying law and knowing your ass from a gorilla in a courtroom are NOT the same. You have obviously not let any of the learning soak in.
Sure, sometimes we all make mistakes, but I have also been thanked by some of the posters, an also have had some of the members that are in this site, agree with some of my answers.
It's not hard to get other idiots to agree with you when you tell them what they WANT to hear. It's harder to give them the LEGALLY VALID answer whether or not it's what they want to hear. And so far you are batting 1,000 WRONG.
And as for politics, I give two ****s about Bush, an do not agree how he runs your country. Do me a favour, an leave your political opinions to yourself, I don't care about them.
WAAAAAA.
So with that all being said, can we now get back to TRYING to help out people with their legal questions ? Oh and you're very welcome Fudge for agreeing with some of my anwers. ;)
WE can't. Until you give a valid legal answer based on state statute, case law and federal statutes. And to this point you have done none of these.

So, as you said, KEEP YOUR OPINIONS to yourself. The do more harm than you realize when some idiot listens. This is the law lady, NOT a playground for you to try out your opinion or a class assignment.

GOT IT?

Belize:
:D

Magoo:
I do have a highschool diploma, an I majored in english an the fine arts.

And
1 -- used as a function word to indicate connection or addition especially of items within the same class or type; used to join sentence elements of the same grammatical rank or function <english and the fine arts>

Not to be confused with:

A; An
1 -- used as a function word before singular nouns when the referent is unspecified <a man overboard> and before number collectives and some numbers <a dozen> <a door> <a human>. Before a vowel sound an is usual <an imbecile> <an idiot>

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stmfitr636 said:
Belize:
:D

Magoo:
I do have a highschool diploma, an I majored in english an the fine arts.

And
1 -- used as a function word to indicate connection or addition especially of items within the same class or type; used to join sentence elements of the same grammatical rank or function <english and the fine arts>

Not to be confused with:

A; An
1 -- used as a function word before singular nouns when the referent is unspecified <a man overboard> and before number collectives and some numbers <a dozen> <a door> <a human>. Before a vowel sound an is usual <an imbecile> <an idiot>

My response:

ms.mapoo's "d" key doesn't work. An that's the truth!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">