• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor pile snow by the property line

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sakoyano

What is the name of your state? South Dakota
Hi,
my neighbor property is 3 to 4 feet higher than mine. they have access to a city street, and they have huge front and back yards, and they have a commercial parking lot that is 60 X 200 feet long. they push and pile all their snow by my property line, their snow melts and flood my back yard, garage, and driveway, layers of ice build on top of layers and created harm, damage and hardship on my property, I talked to the neighbors but with ignorance and careless disregards they refused every solution and continued to push and pile snow by my property line even its so doable to push it and pile it elsewhere on their property without harming and damaging my property, they keep claiming that the snow is on their property and they can't control where water runs when it melts. I talked to the city and they said there is no city ordinance regarding snow pile and water runoff between neighbors.
Is there a federal law or state law that clearly prevent a neighbor from intentionally harming and damaging neighbor like my scenario by intentionally pushing and pilling snow by my property line knowing its going to eventually melt and flood my property and cause harm and hardship to me? and clearly gives me some rights and protection from this unethical neighbor and their careless disregard actions?

thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">