• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor says we are child molesters-HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I live in WA State.
Our neighbor is an older,unemployed,single woman who we befriended briefly last summer. For a time her daughter and mine (8 and 9 yrs) attended dance and swim lessons together and I let her borrow my car. Unfortunately she was extremely irresponsible with the car and I stopped allowing her to use it. She expressed an interest in purchasing the car but never offered any money and I subsequently sold it in Nov. of 1999.
That month we were turned in to Child Protective Services for sexually molesting both of the girls. We were investigated. Detectives called my daughter out of class at her school and contacted me at work several times for interviews. The charges were determined to be unfounded and the case was closed in Dec.
We have since found out that it is this woman who is making the allegations. She frequently has altercations with others in the neighborhood and recently another young couple asked for our help when she pressed harrassment charges against them.
Since then she has stepped up her campaign against us. I am not active in the neighborhood and she is, forming alliances with people who can "help" her out with money, food, transportation, etc. But people I know have been told by her that we are child molesters. Most recently she approached my 18 yo daughter's boss in the workplace and announced that he should fire her because she is a child molester.
We live in a very small community and I attend college with the hope of becoming a lawyer myself. We have become detested in our neighborhood, looked upon with loathing at at the local grocery, and this info has even been passed on to the staff at my younger daughter's school. We are not wealthy people but it is clear that we must do something. Any information is greatly appreciated.



The best thing for you to do is hire a lawyer. It might also be a good idea to get a Temporary Restraining Order issued against this lady. After the time limit on the TRO has passed, and if she still poses as a threat, you can apply for a Permanant Restraining Order. Basically, the TRO and PRO will mean little, IF she really wants to be a problem. But legally she could be in for some serious trouble if she doesn't abide by the terms of the orders.

I'm not familiar with the laws in WA state, so a lawyer is indeed the best route to take. I have found www.cyber411.com a good search engine, if you want to look for the laws yourself. Give it a try, and I wish you the best of luck.

I ain't a lawyer. I ain't a copper. I'm a true blue American that believes in Freedom for all. Provided they ain't criminals.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential