• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor Scumbaggery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Arson? LOL. C'mon. This was the Camp Fire in Butte County. If you have not heard of it, then you need to get out more.
Our dear President kept calling your town "Pleasure" instead of "Paradise"
so confusion might be more widespread than thought.

I hope you are recovering, if recovery is even possible after such a catastrophic event. It does make disputes over sheds seem rather meaningless.

Good luck.

Long story short: I spent a week in the Walmart parking lot living in my car. A kind person offered me a place to stay (via my post on Craigslist) in Calvaras County 3hours away and so I took it. Rain and chronically homeless people were taking over the lot so I had to get out. There was zero warning about fire so by the time I heard someone running around yelling "Evacuate," the surrounding trees were already on fire. I got out with my dogs, my computer and a couple of t-shirts. And damn lucky to have gotten out at all. A lot of people didn't.

quincy

Long story short: I spent a week in the Walmart parking lot living in my car. A kind person offered me a place to stay (via my post on Craigslist) in Calvaras County 3hours away and so I took it. Rain and chronically homeless people were taking over the lot so I had to get out. There was zero warning about fire so by the time I heard someone running around yelling "Evacuate," the surrounding trees were already on fire. I got out with my dogs, my computer and a couple of t-shirts. And damn lucky to have gotten out at all. A lot of people didn't.
I am glad to hear you and your dogs got out safely.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Update: This issue was happening in Paradise, CA. Damn shed is burned to the ground, along with everything else. Looks like PG&E solved my problem for me.
I am so sorry to hear of your loss, but glad that you made it out alive. With your pets, no less! (y)

I really hope you aren't admitting arson. It sounds a lot like that.
Seriously, you need to pay more attention to the news. PG&E is the electric company. It is suspected that their equipment problems sparked the fire that destroyed most of Paradise.

xylene

I disagree - it sounds like the matter occurred in the part of our state that was devastated by the wildfire a short while ago.
I should have quoted the the original uneditted post which did not mention this tragedy or PG&E.

quincy

This is the 21st century news cycle. I'm already on to the next national tragedy. :(
There does seem to be one national tragedy followed rapidly by another and then another and another.

I hate to think there could ever be a time when we are so inured to devastation and the loss of lives that the suffering of others no longer has the ability to affect us.

Last edited:

Just Blue

There does seem to be one national tragedy followed rapidly by another and then another and another.

I hate to think there could ever be a time when we are so inured to devastation and the loss of lives that the suffering of others no longer has the ability to affect us.
:cry:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">