• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighborly quarrels

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kathy70

My boyfriend and I have neighbors from hell!
They constantly take us to court and/or get the law involved. We have gone to court on eight different occassions regarding our dogs, they bark too much or they run free...the police have been here more than I can count. They also called the fire marshall regarding tires in our yard (that had been there over 25 years). They called the health dept regarding feces in our yard. They called city hall regarding a car that was off the road. Recently, my boyfriend was mowing our yard and dust got on their house and they came out calling my boyfriend obscene names and our neighbor threatened to kill our cats for going in their yard. My boyfriend then told him if he kills our cats, he will kill him. Our neighbor then went to the police to file harrassment charges and off to court we go again. My question is: Is there anything we can do about them harrassing us? They are causing undue emotional stress on us and we feel we are the true victims in this case. Beside the ridiculous neighbors, we have lost three babies during all of this and the neighbors are creating much more stress and anxiety for us that is not needed.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by indysucks:
MOVE.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Now, now, now, Indysucks. Let's not be so blunt with these kind folks. A little thought in your responses would go a long way to helping them. For example, how about a subtle suggestion that these good people use rocket launchers, hand grenades, tear gas, mustard gas, howitzers? You know, standard neighbor stuff.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

T

Tracey

When you go to court, take all the papers fromt he last 7 cases and the judgments showing that you won every time. Ask the court to sanction the neighbors for abuse of process, rule 11 violations, or any other good and sufficient reason. Further, ask the court to enter an order that, anytime they drag you into court in the future, they have to pay your attorney fees or $200 if they lose. I doubt you'll get it, but you can at least throw down the guantlet.

Get a restraining order against the neighbors forbidding them from talking to you in person or on the phone, entering your yard, uttering threats against your selves or property, or harrassing you. Activate caller ID and wait for them to start the hangups and obscene calls, then report them to police. Don't respond to threats with threats; just call police and report the violation of the order.

Finally, move. Your future children are worth more than fighting this battle.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">