• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor's Trees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

celestefsmith

I live in the state of Connecticut - West Hartford.
My neighbor has a number of trees on her property that are threatening to fall in my yard and/or on my house (specifically on my infant son's room). I have not discussed my fears with my neighbor and last weekend during a storm one of the trees landed on another neighbors patio. I have a number of questions.
What action should I take to insure that my neighbor is liable if the tree falls into my yard or on my house? I want her to at least have to pay the insurance deductible if it falls on my house.
Do I need to hire an attorney or should I just talk to her then send her a certified letter? What does the letter need to say?
The municipality will not get involved...neither will our insurance comany (we just happen to have the same insurance company.)
Please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">