• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neither Dr's or hospital have helped

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ChrisViper

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Hello my name is Chris and about 4 months ago i was infected with MRSA *hoping you guys know what i mean*. It's a staph infection that is resistent to most common antibiotics. I've been in the hospital 4 times and in my doctor's office twice regarding this problem. Since my initial visit and prescription of Cipro, it has disappeared and reappeared in 4 other areas of my body. On most medical sites i have checked. If not treated properly this infection CAN BE DEADLY. I feel that my life has been risked. And this is why. Each time i returned after my initial visit i explained to the current doctor on staff what my infection was and that the previous medication did absolutely NOTHING for it. Each time, the doctor prescribed the same medication saying to make sure i took it for the prescribed amount of days, proper amount of pills per day. The infection has resurfaced YET again. It is quite painful and minimal scarring to the body, which are forever. Do i have the base to sue the hospital and my doctors for NOT listening, risking my life, causing me more drama and BS then i've ever dealt with with the medical feild, and now have caused my body to be altered for the rest of my life........ Please respond as soon as possible. I intend on calling a lawyer within the next 48 hours. Thank you all for your time and patience.

Chris Altizer

ellencee

ChrisViper
MRSA (Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus) is baffling the entire world's medical resources, including the CDC and its partner organizations around the world. The only information that I could find that indicated one preferred antibiotic over another stated that Vancomycin was effective in some cases but is fast losing it's effectiveness.

Therefore, you will find that you most likely have no valid claim of negligence or improper medical care.

Stopping the spread or recurrence of this infection is going to be up to you. Keep your skin very clean, paying special attention to armpits and such. Take showers instead of baths.

Thoroughly clean your entire house. Keep all bedlinens clean, including comforters, blankets and pillows. Most pillows can be washed and dried. Do not ever wear the same clothes without washing and drying them. Change your bedlinens every day for a week or two. Make sure your shoes are clean on the inside. Sneakers or similar shoes can harbor germs more so than harder shoes like loafers. Boots are known to harbor germs more so than shoes that 'breathe'.

Clean your hairbrush and combs. If you participate in any sport, clean your sportswear, too.

You are going to have to be particular about where you visit, where you sit, where you sleep, and with whom you associate. Everyone and everywhere needs to be squeaky clean. If your work area is of concern, do what you can to keep your work area and equipment clean.

Avoid touching your ears, your nose, or your mouth unless you can immediately wash your hands.

OK--that's my Rx for a living nightmare of imitating Howard Hughes.

If you can break the cycle of reinfection, it should not take more than a few weeks to put an end to this condition; however, you will always be at risk of another 'attack'.

Best wishes,
EC

J

JackSchroder

You are saying that no doctor has listened to you, and that all the doctors you have seen persist in prescribing the same antibiotic. You have a legitimate complaint so you should talk to a lawyer. That does not mean a lawyer will take your case. Staphyloccocus infections of any kind are notoriously difficult to treat. While your surroundings may be contributing to your re-infections, you have to keep in mind that the germ will hide in the bones, usually in large joints. It will re-appear if some minor injury occurs at a joint, the knee joint is a common site.
You should go now to a University Hospital nearest you and ask to be seen by the infectious disease department. My guess is that you have been seeing private doctors in some clinic who may not have the experience necessary, certainly not the the imagination, to treat you adequately. Stop going to the same doctors who do not seem to take the time to treat you properly.

ellencee

ChrisViper
Please do your own research on the web. You will find that MRSA resolves on its own without treatment or antibiotics if the person keeps their body and their environment clean.

If you should develop a sepsis or osteomyelitis from MRSA, antibiotics will still NOT kill the organism. Treatment would be available for pain management and support of normal body systems function, and if required, surgical removal of any abscess; the MRSA would still have to resolve on its own.

Keep in mind that MRSA is an organism normally found on the skin and in the nose but due to medication (antibiotics), the organism has developed a resistance to antibiotics. If you do your part, the infection due to MRSA will go away on its own.

EC

J

Jacie

Please treat your MRSA as a very serious health risk that it is. I have been dealing with MRSA for five years, it was introduced into me during a surgery.

I wished I could take care of mine by simply washing my sheets, or taking a shower and being careful not to touch my nose.

I have been through 6 surgeries to cut it out of the bone and so far it has not worked, Iv'e been on Vacomycin 6 times and it has not worked.

Find a doctor who knows about this disease, it is a serious health problem. I have been searching and just recently found me a set of doctors who are very aggressively are treating this horrible infection. I have great faith in my doctors at this time and for the first time in five years I believe that it will be cured

ellencee

Jacie
I hope the physicians are able to improve your condition and stop the reccurence of MRSA. You certainly face quite a challenge.

For our readers, I want to point out the significant difference between the acquisition sources of MRSA and the outcomes.

Your situation is much more serious and difficult to treat because of the involvement of the skeletal system and supporting tissues, which were affected during surgery and most likely affected by MRSA 'living' on your own skin.

The original poster has only skin infections from MRSA and should be able to recover without any internal involvement if he can break the cycle of reinfection.

Best wishes,
EC

J

Jacie

ellencee,

Thanks for the encouragement, I need all that I can get.

It is too bad, that if the MRSA came from my own skin, that I would be the cause of this miserable condition that I am in.

It has only been in the last couple of months that I found a set of doctors that are very aggressively are treating this horrible disease that I have. The last five years of my life has been almost unbearable. I could write for probably the next two hours how this infection has changed my life and how painful just living from day to day has been. I do have hope and feel very confident that my doctors will be able to rid me of this disease.

For the first time in five years, due to the TPN and other supporting medical procedures that my doctors have me on that I can honestly say that I am feeling good. I never thought I would be able to say those few words, but to the diligent care and very caring doctors that I now have they have made a world of difference for me. jacie

ellencee

Jacie
You really should write an article on living with MRSA. There are several journals and magazines that would print such an article and it would be a service to the average citizen who has no idea what it is or how it can affect a person and the person's life.

You didn't cause this, not even if it was on your own skin. We, the people, caused this by trying to sterilize everything and take a pill for everything. We so over antibiotic-ed ourselves and over sterilized our environments that we caused the organism to go into survival mode and mutate into a virtually unkillable organism.

If you decide to write the article, let me know. I'd be very interested in reading your story.

Best wishes,
EC

J

Jacie

ellencee

I have no problems with writing about living with MRSA, if you really want to call what I've been doing living. What is it that you are interested in, I could write a book on what I've been through.
The statute of limitations was not written for a person with MRSA. By the time you realize what is going on with your body to much time has gone by. Also, by the time that you are capable of fighting the good fight five years have gone by.
I just recently found out that my infection was in the graft site, though I was repeatedly had been told the infection was in the spine. I was approached by a doctor the second time I dealt with the infection that I'd have been dealing with this problem for 30 years. I had been having back problems that long but I never had an infection before. He spoke with me for close to 2 hours, and he kept telling me that I have been having this bone problem for years and he was going to solve it. I was so ill at that time, if he had told me that he was going to change my skin to green, I would of agreed with him.

I have no idea what would be of interest to someone about what I've gone through, but I would be more than willing to put 5years of my life down on paper, maybe it would help someone, or maybe a doctor would realize that just cutting the infection out is not a great way to control it.
If you would be so kind as to let me know what it is your interested in I would be happy to get this down on paper, maybe it would help me with some of my frustrations by writing it down.

ellencee

Jacie
We should do this off-site since it will have more to do with writing and gaining publication of an article or series of articles.

My email address is: [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you,
EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">