• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

nepotism

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WDW

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? colorado
I am a federal employee...I work at a detachment with approx 40 employees..the detachment is broken into 3 sections, rf, it/switch, log
the it/switch supervisors wife also works in the same detachment...
in the past they were both it/switch personnel at same grade level...the husband was promoted to it supvr and the detachment boss just changed the title of the wife so she now was a special assistant to the overall comm mgr which is the IT supvrs and rf sections boss...This in itself I believe gave the wife still and unfair advantage over other like employees in that her husband was their supvr and she was just given a (MADE UP) position not a true on the roster position....this went on for years...Now the IT supvr is being made the OVERALL comm mgr (...the position that his wife had held as a special assistant) and so AGAIN...they are now giving her another made up positon to work as a special assistant for the overall detachment boss....
This I believe is wrong in that she has so many advantages over her co workers and all employess within the detachment....
Am I wrong ??? where would I need to research this to get an exact answer

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">