• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never Convicted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



in 1978 in orange county, california i was arrested along with 2 other individuals and charged with 1st degree murder. however after a year in and out of the court system all charges were dropped against me, and i was never convicted of anything, i went on to lead a productive life never having any other experiences with the law outside of a traffic ticket. after being employed on my job in the state of texas, the city ot arlington, for almost 7 years i was called in by my employer 2 weeks ago and told i was being suspended because i am a felon convicted murderer, as well that i had committed fraud when i answered the question on my employment application have you ever been convicted of a felony, i answered (no) because i have not. could someone would please help me and tell me what i can do about this. I was charged but i was never convicted of anything, how can i get my records and have this matter cleared up?

thank you


Senior Member
First you have to determine whether the records are in error or they are being misread. You should ask your employer what records he is relying on and try to get a copy. There are federal, state, and county records, any of which could be incorrect. If the records are indeed incorrect, you need a CA attorney to get them corrected.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential