• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never signed Sign-On Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? TX

Hi Free advice,

Sorry this may seem like a very silly question.

Can an employer hold me to a Sign-On Agreement if I never signed it?

I didn't even know they had a Sign-On Contract nor did HR ever go through it with me.

quincy

What is the name of your state? TX

Hi Free advice,

Sorry this may seem like a very silly question.

Can an employer hold me to a Sign-On Agreement if I never signed it?

I didn't even know they had a Sign-On Contract nor did HR ever go through it with me.
Probably not. Did the contract you did sign address the same terms as the sign-on agreement?

No, It was only the offer of employment. That had my position and my salary.

The Sign-On Agreement was a separate contract and I didn't even know it existed. HR never told me about it and I never signed it.

Now they are trying to bring it up as an issue. I just didn't know if they could hold me to that contract.

quincy

No, It was only the offer of employment. That had my position and my salary.

The Sign-On Agreement was a separate contract and I didn't even know it existed. HR never told me about it and I never signed it.

Now they are trying to bring it up as an issue. I just didn't know if they could hold me to that contract.
I don't see how they can hold you to a contract you never signed or even knew existed.

Thank you. I figured as much but I'm so unaware in how the law works at times.

HR is acting very miffed about this because I'm putting in my resignation and trying to threaten me with that sign-on agreement

Repayment of Relocation in event of Termination.

They gave me a very small relocation bonus but it was written as a separate contract.

quincy

They just backed off right now. The COO just wrote and told me to just turn in my laptop and not to worry about the Sign-On Thank you guys!!!!
First, thanks for answering my question on your length of employment.

I am happy to hear that you are not going to have any problem with your employer over the sign-on agreement.

Thanks for letting us know the good news.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm also glad to hear that your situation is resolved, but I do want to add one comment -

If I had a dollar for every time I had an employee claim they were never told about something, and I was able to pull out a copy of it with their signature on it, I wouldn't have to wait eight years to retire.

quincy

There are times too when an employee can be held to agreements even when no agreement was signed. I am thinking specifically of trade secret agreements.

Fortunately, calipeachy is not going to have a problem with his employer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">