• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never told I was fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lynette1980

I’ve been at my job for over a year working at as a security officer, different locations. The last location I was at an event got dizzy, fell and had to be taken to the emergency room. My boss called my fiancé to make sure I was ok, she told him I was admitted for observation. He told my fiancé that he will replace my shift for me the following day and he will let him know when the next event is and schedule me. I haven’t heard from them for over a month and they haven’t even told me to turn in my uniforms or anything. What should I do?

Just Blue

I’ve been at my job for over a year working at as a security officer, different locations. The last location I was at an event got dizzy, fell and had to be taken to the emergency room. My boss called my fiancé to make sure I was ok, she told him I was admitted for observation. He told my fiancé that he will replace my shift for me the following day and he will let him know when the next event is and schedule me. I haven’t heard from them for over a month and they haven’t even told me to turn in my uniforms or anything. What should I do?
What state was this in and what was the Dx of you dizziness?

PayrollHRGuy

And when you contacted them to tell them you were ready to go back to work they said, what?

If you didn't make that call you were not fired. At worst you quit. At best you have taken a month off unpaid.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What should I do?

You should pick up the phone, call your boss, and ask what your status is. I'm surprised you didn't do that three weeks ago.

commentator

You sort of get the credibility award. They said they''d call, and you really took them at their word. You waited a whole month for him to call. Unless you too were sick this whole month and unable to work, it would've been up to you to keep them updated. Even if that was the case, an update from you on your situation might've been appropriate. So now call them, and ask to be put back on the schedule. Provided you are fully released by your doctor to return to work. It isn't worth much,, but if they say they now have no openings for you, which they are quite likely to do at this point, take the uniforms back and file for unemployment benefits.

PayrollHRGuy

I question his credibility award. He has not spoken to his employer since he was taken to the hospital. His fiancé may have heard them say, "they'd call" but a reasonable person would not wait a month to confirm that conversation that he didn't hear if his job was on the line.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">