• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neverending

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Charlieus72

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
In February a co-worker spend terrible lies about me like that I was a swinger and a lesbian. This person got angry when they found out that someone told me what they were saying and took it to management. Well, management gave them the option to apoligize to me or quit. They quit. After 2 months they were rehired. I was told that the person would be watched and not able to harrass me. Now that person is on my shift (there are only 2 people scheduled at the time- so often it is the 2 of us.) anyway, it has started again. The supervisor is her friend and calls her at home to tell her personal information. I don't know what I can do. The supervisor had promised me that this would not happen again and that we would be kept apart. It seems as if I'm being forced out. Other people have tried to start problems between us also and it is becoming unbearable. She was moved to my shift because of a dispute with her immediate supervisor. It seems as though the other supervisor is bending over backwards for her though. I have been keeping a log on everything - What else can I do?

Beth3

"This person got angry when they found out that someone told me what they were saying and took it to management." She complained to management that someone was repeating her nasty and malicious rumors to you? You're not exactly dealing with an Einstein here. And management's decision to rehire her doesn't make them the brightest star in the firmament either. Sheesh.

You don't mention any factors that would appear to make this prohibited (illegal) harassment - just a nasty situation caused by an extremely unpleasant person and that management has not handled well. I suggest you go over your supervisor's head to a more senior manager and see if you can get some action taken on the situation. You may also wish to consult with an attorney to discuss whether you have the basis for a slander suit against this co-worker (somewhat doubtful but at least worth a conversation.)

If all else fails, then you probably have little recourse but to look for another job. Frankly, I'd suggest you do that anyway. You're working with and for a bunch of dim-wits. Why would you want to stay in that environment???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">