• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New atyle processing for work permit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MMM2003

name of your state? NY
I have submitted the I 765 work permit application along with I485 application, based on immediate relative of US citizen last August 4. I received payment received after a week and waiting for 3 months. Now I got the "notice of action" for the I765 with the recepit number etc. but need to go Bimetric taken to proper Application Support Center. I need to call to make schdule for the appointment so i called them immediately. They ask my data and they said now it is not avilable and I need to call them again and again everyday till appointment is available.
my question is
1. with this new style processing can I get work permit only after the biometric taken at ASC?
2. How long it will take after taken the biometric data?
3. How soon I can get the appointment?
4. Do I need to go to NYC local BCIS office?
Someone who has similar experience or knows about this new processing procedure, any advice or informations are very much appreciated.

Mrowka

hello,
It seems that you have a situation just like my boyfriend, except he's a little ahead of you :))))

He received the same notice to get fingerprinted for a work permit in early September and the earliest appointment he got was for October 17. You don't have to go to the main BCIS office, they have special service centers set up just for pictures and fingerprints. There is one in downtown Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Garden City, LI.

It's been 2.5 weeks since then and we haven't heard anything yet, but BCIS told me that it takes approximately 4 months from "receved" date to process this application in NY.
On the other hand, mother of a friend of ours got her work permit 2 weeks after being fingerprinted - and it happened in NY just over a month ago. So it might not be that bad.

As for the appointment, the times are getting longer, so you just have to keep calling them every day, to see if they have something available. It's best to call first thing at 8 am.

And no, without biometrics being taken, you will not get a work permit. They will deny your application.

M

MMM2003

Dear Mrowka,
Thank you very much for your kind information and advise.
For the fingure print schdule I will keep calling to get earliest schdule.

For the EAD I just got today because today is 92nd day of my original application and went to NYC local office and they issue within an hours. They donot ask that I finished biometric taken or not.

When i call to make schdule for the finger print and biometric taken, I asked them that is it related to my employment Authorization. They replied me no matter how long biometric taken, I can get EAD. I think that process is still confusing.
Again, thank you for your reply and advises.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">