• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New BEQ Manager barging into rooms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MiloTL

29 Palms base, California.

I'm an NCO stationed in 29 Palms and a lot of my Marines including myself are having an issue with the new battalion BEQ manager. He is a Ssgt who was recently promoted and appointed this billet. I want to say he has good intentions but he is going out of his way to bother every Marine living in the barracks. We have a window next to our door that we are forced to keep half mast during working hours "to make sure no one is stealing anything out of our rooms." Doesn't make sense because the theif can look in see no one is in your room then come in but that's not the issue. The new BEQ manager will walk through the barracks with a master key and burst into any room he wants. Whether or not they have their blinds down, whether or not they are on their chow time, whether or not they are even in their room.

He basically comes in without any reason other than to question the occupants, if there are any, on why they are in their room during the work day. Too many times now have I come back to my room after work to notice things in my room are moved around.

My question is basically, is he allowed to do this? Are there any orders I can cite to bring up to my chain of command?

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
29 Palms base, California.

I'm an NCO stationed in 29 Palms and a lot of my Marines including myself are having an issue with the new battalion BEQ manager. He is a Ssgt who was recently promoted and appointed this billet. I want to say he has good intentions but he is going out of his way to bother every Marine living in the barracks. We have a window next to our door that we are forced to keep half mast during working hours "to make sure no one is stealing anything out of our rooms." Doesn't make sense because the theif can look in see no one is in your room then come in but that's not the issue. The new BEQ manager will walk through the barracks with a master key and burst into any room he wants. Whether or not they have their blinds down, whether or not they are on their chow time, whether or not they are even in their room.

He basically comes in without any reason other than to question the occupants, if there are any, on why they are in their room during the work day. Too many times now have I come back to my room after work to notice things in my room are moved around.

My question is basically, is he allowed to do this? Are there any orders I can cite to bring up to my chain of command?
As an NCO, you know that there is a regulation or OPORD that will cover living in BEQ, including inspections. You can find your answers here:

http://www.29palms.marines.mil/Portals/56/Docs/G4/BEQ%20INSTR%20MANUAL%20AND%20COVER%20LETTER_17June2015.pdf

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">