• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new boss changes deal made before he was hired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2behappy

What is the name of your state? New York
I work for a union public school . The old superintendent had a verbal agreement to allow me to use accrued sick days during FMLA. Many other teachers have used this benifit before me. A interm superintendent was hired during my leave and decided not to allow me and others to use our sick days. I do not have the agrement in writing but was counting on this money to cover some expenses. The union contract does not mention paid leave. Do I have a legal leg to stand on, either past precedence (??) or verbal contract ?:(
thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
As far as the law is concerned, the employer may require or the employee may request that paid leave be substituted for part of FMLA.

I can't speak for what your union may say on the matter.

Proejo

What is the name of your state? New York
I work for a union public school . The old superintendent had a verbal agreement to allow me to use accrued sick days during FMLA. Many other teachers have used this benifit before me. A interm superintendent was hired during my leave and decided not to allow me and others to use our sick days. I do not have the agrement in writing but was counting on this money to cover some expenses. The union contract does not mention paid leave. Do I have a legal leg to stand on, either past precedence (??) or verbal contract ?:(
thanks
"Benefit", not, benifit. "An interim" superintendent, not, a interm superindentent. "Agreement", not, agrement. "I had been" counting on "the receipt of" this money, not, was counting on this money.

Does anyone still wonder why students continue to fall behind in reading and writing skills when teachers communicate using broken English, run-on sentences and misspelt words?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">