• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Business name filings (need help)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hixtreme45600

What is the name of your state: New Jersey.

Hi,

In October 2014 I filed with the IRS for EIN # which I received. I registers and received a NJ business registration certificate. (filing papers reflect starting date Jan 1, 2015).

I did this so I can open a business checking account, which I did with my personal $300.00. I'm the sole-proprietor

This purpose for this was originally to set-up a campaign with kickstart-dot-com and if it took of the money will be in that account under the business name.
The second purpose is for online services such as selling digital content designs; Logo, flyers, covers, website etc. However I have not received any clients or made any money since I've started.

My question is: What kind of taxes and forms do I need to file with the state and IRS. Please help, thank you.

single317dad

You'll need to compensate the state for all sales tax you collect on a regular basis. It appears that period for New Jersey is quarterly:

https://www1.state.nj.us/TYTR_BusinessFilings/jsp/common/Login.jsp?taxcode=55

If you have employees, you'll need to pay their income withholding and unemployment insurance:

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/International-Taxpayers/Federal-Income-Tax-Withholding

When I first started my business, all these forms were sent to me, and I've never had to ask for them. They send me more every time I send them money.

Your taxes and forms will vary widely based on your level and type of income, related expenses, and capital investments. You should consult a professional tax advisor to properly plan for your future tax situation.

If you're a very small business and you really don't have much money or income to speak of, a small-business-grade tax software such as produced by TurboTax may be sufficient. I wouldn't trust off-the-shelf software for very complex situations, though.

hixtreme45600

Currently its just me... no employees and no projects, no work, no overhead, no cost and no nothing.... actually besides the name registration, EIN number and bank account I don't have anything lol

but I do thank you for you assistance :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">