• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new calender year and vacation pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tb1128

pennsylvania I have worked part-time for a doctor for 10 years. Yesterday I gave my employer 2 weeks notice. I was supposed to receive 80 hours of vacation time during the year 2006. Am I entitled to this pay since it's still January?

pattytx

Most likely not. If the employer has any brains, the actual liability will be only what you have EARNED (accrued) for January, i.e. 1/12 of 80 hours, plus any untaken vacation previously.

Pennsylvania law does not specifically require that vacation be paid out at termination. All the law requires is that the company adhere to its own policy regarding the issue. Does the company policy state that accrued vacation will be paid at termination?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">