• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New car purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Harleycpl

We recently purchased a new car. One of the standard features that we wanted, and is listed as standard on the website,we are now
being told it doesn’t come on my car. There are also a number of people with same problem, all being told were sorry but, your outa luck.
What can I do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
We recently purchased a new car. One of the standard features that we wanted, and is listed as standard on the website,we are now
being told it doesn’t come on my car. There are also a number of people with same problem, all being told were sorry but, your outa luck.
What can I do?
What US state?
Why didn't you discover that this feature wasn't on the car when you looked at the car, test drove the car, and signed the contract stating that the dealer promised you nothing beyond what was on the car?

Harleycpl

What US state?
Why didn't you discover that this feature wasn't on the car when you looked at the car, test drove the car, and signed the contract stating that the dealer promised you nothing beyond what was on the car?
OHIO, it is LED interior mood lighting, drove car during the day so it wouldn’t have been on. The new car brochure clearly states it is a standard feature, just like air conditioning but I didn’t try that in the winter either?

PayrollHRGuy

OHIO, it is LED interior mood lighting, drove car during the day so it wouldn’t have been on. The new car brochure clearly states it is a standard feature, just like air conditioning but I didn’t try that in the winter either?
I don't think the brochure would have any legal or at least less legal weight than the window sticker.

Zigner

Strange - I test the a/c in every car I test drive. If the LED lighting was so important to you, then you should have made it a point to see the car at night, or at least in a dimly lit place. The brochures are not guaranteed to be accurate. I don't know what kind of car you got, but I can guarantee there is a disclaimer similar to the one below (found in the 2019 Ford Edge brochure):

Information is provided on an “as is” basis and could include technical, typographical or other errors.
Ford makes no warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited
to, accuracy, currency, or completeness, the operation of the information, materials, content, availability, and
products. Ford reserves the right to change product specifications, pricing and equipment at any time without
incurring obligations. Your Ford Dealer is the best source of the most up-to-date information on Ford vehicles.

PayrollHRGuy

It might be hard to tell whether or not its working correctly in the winter. Most cars blow out cold air even when the heat is on, for a few minutes.

Not really. Fog the windshield up and if the AC isn't working they won't defog correctly if at all.

Zigner

But if the air conditioning is NOT working, and you don't have it set on heat, its still going to blow out cold air no matter how long you wait.
Fair enough - but in THIS case, the OP is talking about a new car. If the A/C didn't work, it would be covered under warranty. Also, in THIS case, the A/C isn't in question, so this is all irrelevant. I shouldn't have even taken the bait on it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">