• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eam3

What is the name of your state? Florida.

I won an online auction (Ebay) from a local, reputable automobile dealer. The auction ended Monday afternoon and I was the high (and only) bidder. The reason I bid was because I wanted the car they were listing, which was brand new (with only 50 miles) and in the exact color combination I wanted. It was a 2002 model.

It turns out that the dealer sold the car prior to the end of the auction but did not bother to end the auction early. I placed the bid on Saturday afternoon and I was told that the vehicle was sold Monday morning. To make up for that, they offered another 2002 new car in a different color combination. I do not want the other color combination, I want the color combination of the car I bid on. They are unable to locate another one in the state of Florida. What are my options here? They are also offering a 2003 model for more money, but I believe this would fall under "bait and switch" and I do not wish to spend any more than what I had originally bid.

Where do we stand on this issue? I wanted the car they listed and do not wish to pay extra for a 2003 model.

Thanks,

Ed

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">