• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new court order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

randen5862

What is the name of your state? maryland child turned 18 last february, and my child support ended. however i just completed paying off the arrearage. last week i received a summons to rework my child support since my son failed the 12th. grade and wants to complete entire senior year instead of summer school. can this be done by the courts? since they ended it? i live out of state also. so it would seem as though i would need a summons in north carolina opposed to maryland. any info is helpful as im dumbfounded over this.

Gracie3787

randen5862 said:
What is the name of your state? maryland child turned 18 last february, and my child support ended. however i just completed paying off the arrearage. last week i received a summons to rework my child support since my son failed the 12th. grade and wants to complete entire senior year instead of summer school. can this be done by the courts? since they ended it? i live out of state also. so it would seem as though i would need a summons in north carolina opposed to maryland. any info is helpful as im dumbfounded over this.
Am I correct that your ex has filed a petition to continue (or restart) CS?

First you need to find out what your CO says about when CS ends. If it doesn't state anything specific then try going to www.govengine.com to find Maryland's laws on age of majority and CS.

Some states, such as Florida, have a specific law that says CS can continue past age 18- IF the child is IN HIGH SCOOL with a REASONABLE expectation of graduation before age 19. Maryland may have a law such as this.
Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">