• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New custody battle with my 10 yr. old daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alwaysreal247

My 10yr old daughter was living with me all her life until about six months ago, I lost my job and she went to live with her dad. The agreement was that she would temporarily stay with him until I got a place and stable job. Now he has threathened to take my daughter out of the state and has also said that I can't call his house to even talk to her. My daughter wants to live with me and I want her too, but I don't know what to do. Neither one of us has custody and he won't let me even talk to her. Can I get my daughter without him pressing charges on me? How do I go about winning custody of my daughter? Please help me.

Grace_Adler

Were you guys ever married? I don't know for sure about this but I think you can go get her without getting in trouble, unless he tries to press trespassing charges on you which I doubt would stick. (I tried that on someone and the judge could have cared less, he didn't do a thing.) You should try calling the magistrate, sheriff or police and see what they think.

I would go file for sole custody of her. There are some titles of some good books on another thread on here or you can try to get a consult with a lawyer. I'll come back and give you the name of the post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">