• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New here.. thoughts on if I have a small claims case on suing dealership for negligence and not fixing car properly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

net48734

My apologies but this is detailed. Michigan area here.
I took my 2008 Ford Edge to dealership for surging/stalling problems. This is not dealership where I purchased vehicle. I do have an after market warranty on vehicle. Dealership claimed it was a failed water pump (common problem on these years) which caused engine timing chain replacement and water pump replacement $3000 repair. Short time after getting vehicle back i called them back to tell them the car was still mimicking same problems. Returned car and dealership announced now that the transmission was bad. Replaced transmission at cost of around $2000. Consider they are making these repairs on a car that is worth 4-5K. So, after getting car back again I called about a week or two later and explained that the car was still showing same problem and now engine light was on and car making a knocking sound. I dropped car back off for another round of service. I was called back to be told that the engine was bad and that for them to 'get into the cause' that 'your gonna be about 1100$ out of pocket seeing the warranty you had is paid total out of pocket, they will not pay more'. They were not helpful from the get go... always had to initiate calls to get answers. The problem was never fixed and now car will not start or run. I feel the dealership picked the 2 most expensive fixes to complete on a car and drained the warranty coverage dry. This is a very large dealership in Michigan and I feel they sucked tthe amount they could out of aftermarket warranty and I am left with car sitting dead in driveway with a lean I still pay 250$ a month on. I was thinking of taking them to small claims court to try to get any retribution, but legal matters is not my area of expertise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">