• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Home Building Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marksmith68

What is the name of your state? CA

We purchased a new home in Oct 04 and in Feb 05 we had water leaks through the foundation and into garage creating damage. The builder is refusing to fix the foundation where the leak is coming in and only fixed the water damage in the garage. We purchased the house 'As Is' but it seems that if the concrete foundation is not finished properly and has leaks that the seller or general contractor is responsible? In addition the builder did not paint gutters properly and paint is coming off and it is starting to rust.

Do I have any recourse?

Mark

seniorjudge

What does your contract say about the house being sold "as is".

We want the EXACT language (leaving out personal info, of course).

HomeGuru

marksmith68 said:
What is the name of your state? CA

We purchased a new home in Oct 04 and in Feb 05 we had water leaks through the foundation and into garage creating damage. The builder is refusing to fix the foundation where the leak is coming in and only fixed the water damage in the garage. We purchased the house 'As Is' but it seems that if the concrete foundation is not finished properly and has leaks that the seller or general contractor is responsible? In addition the builder did not paint gutters properly and paint is coming off and it is starting to rust.

Do I have any recourse?

Mark

**A: was this a brand new home? If so, why would it be sold as-is? Where are the building plans and specs? Did you get a home inspection? Did you read the warranty papers? Post the warranty clause from your contract. Did you hire an engineer to investigate the foundation problems? Once I read the as-is clause, I will respond with more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">