• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Home Owners Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needto1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

I want to price a New Homeowners Insurance Policy. The Company I'm with now is pretty hard to deal with when it comes to claims. You pay them heavy premiums and they still won't spend the money it takes to correct the problem, when a problem comes up. They just do a quick fix and spend less.

How can I find out which Homeowners Insurance Companies are reputable and reasonable on price?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

moburkes

What's reasonable for me, might not be reasonable for you. You and your neighbor might be paying completely different premiums, although your houses are similar. All you can do is shop around. Look online. Look in your local yellow pages. Have a copy of your current policy in front of you. Have your auto policy, DL#s, etc in front of you as well. You might be able to get a lower price if you bundle both policies with the same carrier.

Good luck.

needto1

New Homeowners policy

I appreciate your information. I'll check around. I thought maybe there was a specific
web site that would have a list of Insurance companies with a rating system.

Thanks again for your help.

TJ

moburkes

Rating system as in financial strength - sure.

Website where the prices are listed. No. Impossible.

For example, 2 identical properties side by side - think all the new developments which are being built lately, 2 different owners. Owner 1 has poor credit, annual premium $1000. Owner 2 has excellent credit, annual premium $800. Same insurance company.

2nd example. 2 exact properties, owners have same credit score, same insurance company. Owner 1 has been with the insurance company for 20 years, and has autos, life, boat, umbrella with that company. Annual premium $650. Owner 2 is new customer and doesn't have any supporting business to bring to the table. Annual premium $850.

There is no way, with all of the variables that determine the rate, to rank insurance companies by price, since none of the variables will match up enough to provide valid information to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">