• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Jersey hypodermic needle law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Then of course there is my case where the judge ruled that if the equipment that had been used to grow pounds of marijuana could be used for an alternative legitimate purpose, it had to be returned and it was no longer drug paraphernalia.
That is how it should work. Any items seized as evidence should be returned to the owner once there is a final disposition in a case, if what was seized is not illegal to own.

Obviously police are not going to return to its owner any seized heroin.

There are many items that can have both legal and illegal uses. If a seized item cannot be connected to an illegal use, and it has a legal use, the item needs to be returned.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
[QUOTE="xylene, post: 3584553, member: 265293...flip number clock radio as examples...[/QUOTE]

Wow. I remember those. Can't remember the last time I saw one.

That is how it should work. Any items seized as evidence should be returned to the owner once there is a final disposition in a case, if what was seized is not illegal to own.
So lets say the police find a meth lab, arrest and charge the person making the meth. After the case is over will all the chemicals and equipment that you can freely buy be returned?
How about someone who shoots and kills someone, will they get the gun returned?
A counterfeiter, will they get their printing press back?

Interesting concept you have..

xylene

Wow. I remember those. Can't remember the last time I saw one.
In addition to obvious solid state advantages, the digital ones are completely silent and the flap ones are more fragile. Because shock, like being roughly ejected from a nightstand, or a child roughly spinning the set dial (particularly if spun forcefully in reverse) can mess up the tiny flap advancing mechanism. Which sent a lot of of them to the garbage, though many could have been repaired by a patient hand.

xylene

So lets say the police find a meth lab, arrest and charge the person making the meth. After the case is over will all the chemicals and equipment that you can freely buy be returned?
Why did the police and DA blow the case on the guy caught red handed making meth?

That's the more interesting question in your scenario.

Why did the police and DA blow the case on the guy caught red handed making meth?

That's the more interesting question in your scenario.
In my case they arrested the guy for possession of just under 2 pounds of marijuana and siezed about $6000 of hydroponic growing equipment that was still being used to grow the weed. The DA did not file charges for 'manufacture', just possession.
The guy plead and was sentenced to jail time.
So in my case the case wasn't blown it was concluded, I just used the meth analogy because the majority of the chemicals used to make meth are freely available at your local hardware store.

xylene

In my case they arrested the guy for possession of just under 2 pounds of marijuana and siezed about $6000 of hydroponic growing equipment that was still being used to grow the weed. The DA did not file charges for 'manufacture', just possession.
The guy plead and was sentenced to jail time.
So in my case the case wasn't blown it was concluded, I just used the meth analogy because the majority of the chemicals used to make meth are freely available at your local hardware store.
Ooops, sorry about the flashback from your own personal war on drugs.. ;)

HRZ

Goes back a while but my firm in a factory setting used nonsterile syringes and needles of all types by the thousands sold in bulk by major needle sources for the purpose of epoxy placement ...and in some cases for the oiling and greasing of tiny ball bearings . As I recall these mostly but not all needles were pretty darn sharp .

Often the epoxies were mixed in tiny glass vials then poured into needles . Needles were not used as mixing containers ....but one could put separate components in each and meter out rather accurate mixes by eye ....save for the 90/10 mix

quincy

You can purchase and use those syringes and needles because they have a legal use.

If syringes are purchased for use with epoxy application, there is not a problem with possessing these syringes. Just don't use illegal drugs.

Well ... that is what you argued, at any rate. ;)
True.
So how about my question from earlier.
If a convicted counterfeiter is released from jail after completing his sentence would you give him his printing press, paper and inks back, but keep the plates because that's the only item that has no legitimate use?

quincy

True.
So how about my question from earlier.
If a convicted counterfeiter is released from jail after completing his sentence would you give him his printing press, paper and inks back, but keep the plates because that's the only item that has no legitimate use?
Let's not add any more hypotheticals to this thread. Facts matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">