• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Job need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

annataz04

What is the name of your state?il. I just took a new job with hvac company that employs 4 people including myself, it is a sole proprietership. When I interviewed I informed the owner that part of my package would be to have a company truck and gas card or reimbursment for fuel.We had a verbal agreement and he asked me to give notice to my employer at the time and we agreed on a start date of Aug 8th. When i started on the 8th my truck wasnt ready so ive been using my own car since. Yesterday 8/22/05 my truck was made available to me however this is where my problems started.
Before i was given the keys i was asked to read and sign a "Rules and Regulations" sheet that had a few things on it that i disagree with. Because ive already quit my previous job and have been with this guy for over two weeks I did sign the form but i have reservations now and feel like i was deceived. Can he do this? For the most part i agree with the form with things like conduct , drug policies and harassment but i have to draw the line in regards to the vehicle and having to pay any charges not covered by insurance including deductables (didnt state the $ amount) and also that any money owed to the company could be taken from my check upon termination including damage to truck (which is leased and we all know how that goes). maybe someone can help here. Maybe its stupid but it bothers me and could adversely affect my attitude with this new company.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No one here can comment on a document we haven't read. If you have concerns about the agreement, you will need to show it to a local attorney.

Sorry, there are limits to what a message board can do and this is one of them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">