• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new landlord refuses rent receipt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lyledog

new owner where I work and live has given notice to everyone in building, except the heating company they made a deal to stay for free heat. Notice to terminate was given Jan 15 2001, Feb 15th to terminate. I said I pay from 1st to 1st for the last 11 years he said okay I'll be a nice guy and let you have until the 1st of March. On Feb 1st, in front of my customers I gave him the rent I asked for a receipt he said his office mgr would bring it right down it never came I asked him for it again and he said he wasn't giving me one and slammed his door in my face. Feb 16th I recieved a summons from one of his people it states that I must respond in 5 days. Why is he bothering me when I am paid in full until March 1st I live in the mountains of So. California. How can I get my receipt for my records from him? thanks for any comfort you might have for me out there. Also the summons even shows that I am current until March 1st.

D

djdj

HEY LYLE

are you a BOZO?

Sounds like you paid in CASH!

YOU DESERVED TO GET SCREWED!

L

lyledog

thx djdj

been living in the mountains 25 years forgot about the "mean season" of man but I am a fast learner. Who knew someone with so much would be so non-human and not sign my receipt. Thanks anyway for your response. I usually only have to learn something once unless it's love or should i say lust. I guess my little mountain community needs to send for lawyers, guns and money now that the city man has found us. thx again. lyledog aka nance.

D

djdj

HEY sometimes we all do dumb things,

but if you paid by check you would have your reciept...

Hey its a learning experience

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">