• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Life Insurance Policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rich9438

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

Simple Question
Is an insurance agent allowed to have you cancel (have the policy lapse) just so he can sell you another Life Insurance Policy?
Thanks in advance! Rich

ErinGoBragh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

Simple Question
Is an insurance agent allowed to have you cancel (have the policy lapse) just so he can sell you another Life Insurance Policy?
Thanks in advance! Rich
The agent can't allow ANYTHING to happen if you make your premium payments on time. If you're not paying and the policy lapses because of it, that's on you.

cyjeff

If your real question is "Does the insurance agent have to hold my hand and make sure I send him a check every month", the answer is no.

anteater

And, if your real question is: "Can the agent try to persuade me to let the current policy lapse in order to sell me a new policy?", then the answer is yes. The agent has no fiduciary duty to you. You are on your own in determining what is best for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">