• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Living Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lyca

What is the name of your state? Florida

My mother had a living trust drawn up in 1999 and quit claimed her home and land the trust. The quit claim has the date the trust became active (1999). In the mean time, my mother lost the original trust and no copies can be found. We therefore had a new living trust drawn up in 2019. The property deed shows "The Jane W. Doe Revocable Living Trust", the same title used on the old and new trusts. Do we need to file a new quit claim because the original trust date is stated in the 1999 claim?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The Jane W Doe Revocable Living Trust dated x/x/1999 is not the same entity as the Jane W Doe Revocable Living Trust dated x/x/2019.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Do we need to file a new quit claim because the original trust date is stated in the 1999 claim?
That's something to ask a Florida estate planning attorney. Presumably she had a lawyer draft this latest trust, and that lawyer would be the ideal place to start. There are several possible ways I could see this having to go, but I don't practice in Florida and don't know all the facts. She needs advice from someone who does.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">