• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New LLC Co running but same owners

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sassycat3172

What is the name of your state? Oregon
We just got a request to fill out another application for the new management co. which is actually the owners of the Building. "Its was managed buy a non owner previously." the issue i have is that he has requested us to fill out a new application. he told our neighbor it was just to see if our info was the same thats makes my kinda leary did he not get the app from the previous management co. i dont have anything to hide but an alarm went off when i heard this. we dont have to fill out the app and he as offered 50 dollars off octobers rent if we turn it in by the 16th. My question is can he legally request a new app? There are 3 tenants in this building all of which have recieved this request.

BL

sassycat3172 said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon
We just got a request to fill out another application for the new management co. which is actually the owners of the Building. "Its was managed buy a non owner previously." the issue i have is that he has requested us to fill out a new application. he told our neighbor it was just to see if our info was the same thats makes my kinda leary did he not get the app from the previous management co. i dont have anything to hide but an alarm went off when i heard this. we dont have to fill out the app and he as offered 50 dollars off octobers rent if we turn it in by the 16th. My question is can he legally request a new app? There are 3 tenants in this building all of which have recieved this request.

How did you receive that request , and how do you Know for sure the LLC is ligament .

Check you Public records ( county Clerk ) to make sure of the Change .

sassycat3172

the owner hand delivered it to us

the owner hand delivered the letter with this request on it asking us to fill it out and call him when it is done and he will come pick it up

sassycat3172

yes

I checked the new name is legit and the owner is the name on the new management co name but what i want to know is weather or not it is legal for them to request another app when they already have one?

sassycat3172

another

here's another thing they also asked for a copy of the lease shouldn't they get that from the old llc. i have a feeling they didn't get any of this paper work from them and are trying to get it from us instead.

BL

All you have is a Neighbors Statements , and your feelings .

Send them a Copy of your Lease and state that You and the LL are obligated by it's terms , and kindly accept their offer for $50.00 deduction from Octs. Rent for providing them with that Info .

Keep a Copy of their Letter . You are under no obligation to re-apply unless your lease States so .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">