• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Mexico child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



New Mexico: My grandchild is 6 years old. His parents never married, but did live together until a year ago. They had a joint custody order which lapsed in December, 2000. Even though the father basically has unlimited access to my grandchild he does not pay a dime of support and over the past year since she left there home and got her own apartment he has been stalking her, including slashing tires, breaking into her apartment and car, etc. She has an order of protection against him and all of the criminal mischief and abuse he has done over the past year the police say they cannot do anything about because there are never any witnesses. I am afraid for my daughter because I think he is a time bomb and he does own several guns. Does anyone know if she can leave the state and take my grandchild with her without having kidnapping charges filed against her? She also cannot afford a lawyer at this time.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, and thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential