• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new oct.2008 help from government for homeowners

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? washington
I have been disabled from my job and will have to be retrained. my pay as shrunk dramatically. The new laws as of oct. 2008 state the federal government will help homeowners in danger of default or foreclosure provided they qaulify under new new FHA guidelines. My wife and I qaulify but because I was disabled and my income shrunk I am being told by housing counselors that we will not qaulify because my income is now mot enough to pay our mortgage. So it appears that because I became disabled I cannot keep my house. Where is the protection for disabled people to keep their homes?


If you cannot income/credit qualify for the FHA Secure or H4H programs, your next best option may be to go back to your current lender and request a modifcation of the interest rate/term to something you can aford. They may also take the arrearage and tack it on as a second mortgage, payable at the time you sell or refinance. I do not know of any mortgage rescue programs specifically for the disabled...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential