• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Question for different problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NicholasV

What is the name of your state? im in NY, at Target and need to know if i need to speak with an actual attorney now regarding discrimination
few months back i posted a problem i was having and while i am still looking to leave and find another job things have gotten worse.

First my Team Leader is very good friends with HR so whatever is told to her is gospel. Im not complaning about overwork or underpay
they have now begun fabricating stories to tell hr who now has threatened to fire me if this continues. i work with 3 people out of a 12 person staff all woman i am on work friend terms with. ive been professional with them and them with me no question there.

team lead told hr ive been asking woman for pictures of them in bikinis, i have been told the racks of merchandise i push should only take 30 mins not an hour to do (theres no less than 11 a day on slow season and 15-20 during busy times) there is no help given to me during busy times when asked. im also accused of locking the wheels on these things so they will not move.
i have defended myself to hr in front of my team lead that these charges are all untrue and was basically told to shut up and that if it continues they will move me away from the team lead or let me go. when i reported sexual harrassment over 1 and half years ago it was turned around on me the victim becoming the suspect.
there are different rules for me versus everyone else. I am barely allowed to take a 15 minute break, if i have to use the restroom im timed, im not allowed to speak to anyone when team lead is there -because it supposedly stops me from working but others can talk for 1 hr in front of them and not work and its allowed.
when team lead used to write schedule and i used to complain alot and went to hr she retaliated by cutting my hours from 8 to 5 and now complains im only working 5 hrs a day and i lost my health benefits due to this.

i am looking for other work and ive never been fired from a job but this is now leading to this the store manager wont do anything because team lead lies and is loved by all, hr lies and is friends with team lead. I have photo evidence and took notes of past things done to me and of the state of the racks . i however dont have any witnesses as nobody will stick their neck out for me. being overworked and underpaid is part of the job. I need as much advice as possible other than the usual just quit and walk away. I just got married and have a baby on the way and they are aware of this.

quincy

What is the name of your state? im in NY, at Target and need to know if i need to speak with an actual attorney now regarding discrimination
few months back i posted a problem i was having and while i am still looking to leave and find another job things have gotten worse.

First my Team Leader is very good friends with HR so whatever is told to her is gospel. Im not complaning about overwork or underpay
they have now begun fabricating stories to tell hr who now has threatened to fire me if this continues. i work with 3 people out of a 12 person staff all woman i am on work friend terms with. ive been professional with them and them with me no question there.

team lead told hr ive been asking woman for pictures of them in bikinis, i have been told the racks of merchandise i push should only take 30 mins not an hour to do (theres no less than 11 a day on slow season and 15-20 during busy times) there is no help given to me during busy times when asked. im also accused of locking the wheels on these things so they will not move.
i have defended myself to hr in front of my team lead that these charges are all untrue and was basically told to shut up and that if it continues they will move me away from the team lead or let me go. when i reported sexual harrassment over 1 and half years ago it was turned around on me the victim becoming the suspect.
there are different rules for me versus everyone else. I am barely allowed to take a 15 minute break, if i have to use the restroom im timed, im not allowed to speak to anyone when team lead is there -because it supposedly stops me from working but others can talk for 1 hr in front of them and not work and its allowed.
when team lead used to write schedule and i used to complain alot and went to hr she retaliated by cutting my hours from 8 to 5 and now complains im only working 5 hrs a day and i lost my health benefits due to this.

i am looking for other work and ive never been fired from a job but this is now leading to this the store manager wont do anything because team lead lies and is loved by all, hr lies and is friends with team lead. I have photo evidence and took notes of past things done to me and of the state of the racks . i however dont have any witnesses as nobody will stick their neck out for me. being overworked and underpaid is part of the job. I need as much advice as possible other than the usual just quit and walk away. I just got married and have a baby on the way and they are aware of this.
On what, do you believe, is this discrimination based?

NicholasV

im treated differently and have different rules then others in department and my female boss has been giving me a hard time since i started and its sexual harrassment on this as well as well as age discrimination as im told younger people get the job down faster even tho photo proof shows its not case its bosses word over mine because boss is god

quincy

im treated differently and have different rules then others in department and my female boss has been giving me a hard time since i started and its sexual harrassment on this as well as well as age discrimination as im told younger people get the job down faster even tho photo proof shows its not case its bosses word over mine because boss is god
Are you a male?

What is your age?

quincy

After reading the first thread, it sounds like Nicholas might be searching for any facts of his employment he can use to support a lawsuit. I am not sure he is going to find those facts in what he has related here.

Nicholas, you could review all of your employment complaints with an attorney in your area but I think your time might be better spent looking for a new job.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">