• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New York

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Relationship gone WRONG

I would like to know the following. I have an ex-girlfirend living in Puerto Rico which is part of the United States and for some time I have repeatedly asked her to return my personal belongings and also a big substancial loan to me for the last 10 months and she is always coming out with excuses. How can I take Legal Action although she is ling out of New York?
Last edited:


Senior Member
If all you describe happened in New York, you would sue her in New York. If the loan was given while she was in PR or if your effects are in PR, you will have to sue in PR.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential