• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Newspaper removed them and their crimes information online

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

But usually newspapers have shown names if not pictures of the perp and a description of the crime for several months, even years. But maybe the dude somehow got the courts to remove his name from online?

I don't care about the dude. I just wanted to see his crimes. Because he was always laughing at other people and their crimes. I just was curious just how stupid they were. They lived off their parents bank account and always talked about becoming a priest and was worried they would fondle children. Now the dude has a child. And he was worried about his father being abusive to his kid. Since the crime was vandalism and property invasion from parts of Google search showing briefly just that. The dude is a real mess for sure. I just wanted to have a laugh at their stupidity.
SEE POST 2

zddoodah

But usually newspapers have shown names if not pictures of the perp and a description of the crime for several months, even years. But maybe the dude somehow got the courts to remove his name from online?

I don't care about the dude. I just wanted to see his crimes. Because he was always laughing at other people and their crimes. I just was curious just how stupid they were. They lived off their parents bank account and always talked about becoming a priest and was worried they would fondle children. Now the dude has a child. And he was worried about his father being abusive to his kid. Since the crime was vandalism and property invasion from parts of Google search showing briefly just that. The dude is a real mess for sure. I just wanted to have a laugh at their stupidity.
This pretty clearly tells me that you have no legal issue for us to address.

LdiJ

You know OP, not everything ends up in the paper. It is possible that his case just never ended up making the news.

quincy

Yes and if as the newspaper shows at least the name of the writer that penned the crime reports for that year, day. Would he give me a copy of that section for free?

And the newspaper online showed briefly " county jail". So likely could request a report from the county by mail?
Why do you want a copy of the paper? You can read about your acquaintance online using the Mountain Press archives link I provided earlier. Many/most newspapers will not keep physical copies of past editions anyway. There is just not storage space available for that.

Read through the information in the Tennessee Public Records link to learn how to request a copy of the arrest record/court record. You will need to contact the agencies that hold these records (police department, court).

With that said, I agree with those who say you could, and should, find a better use of your time. Find another source for laughs.

Inquiring about the removal of information from a newspaper's online archive may not be covered under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), as private entities like newspapers are not typically subject to FOIA requests. Newspapers can edit or remove content at their discretion, and the legal process might not be involved.

quincy

Inquiring about the removal of information from a newspaper's online archive may not be covered under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), as private entities like newspapers are not typically subject to FOIA requests. Newspapers can edit or remove content at their discretion, and the legal process might not be involved.
You are correct. Newspapers are not subject to FOI (state or federal) laws.

This thread is not about removal of a news story, however. It is about locating a news story from an old newspaper edition.

Just Blue

You are correct. Newspapers are not subject to FOI (state or federal) laws.

This thread is not about removal of a news story, however. It is about locating a news story from an old newspaper edition.
Trolls tend to not really read and comprehend before posting their drivel, Q. You know that. :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">