• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Newspaper thrown into yard against my wishes.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Could it be as simple as asking the person who actually delivers your papers to stop. Explain that you have cancelled your subscription and he doesn't need to deliver to you any more. This means he can finish his delivery round quicker and be home earlier.;)
The problem with a lot of these neighborhood "papers" is that they are simply distributed to everyone; there is no paid subscription. They tend to be more bundles of advertising than newspaper.

gryndor

I don't disagree with anything said so far, but maybe something to consider: Our area had people driving around at 3-4am tossing the papers out of their car windows so it was hard to pull them aside and explain we don't want these... also, when a couple papers pile up on someone's property, it becomes a clear sign that the owners aren't home and the place becomes ripe for a robbery. It was a huge problem for a while.

rechmbrs

It has been most of a month since I asked this question and more that three weeks since I contacted the newspaper editor stating that they cease trespassing on my property by throwing their newspaper on to it. I have had no newspapers thrown on my property since. The editor did not respond to my missive but must have taken it seriously. We have to wait and see how long it lasts.
I've started recommending others to contact the editor of their local newspaper being deposited on their property and request that the newspaper "cease trespassing on their property by placing a newspaper on the property."

Thanks for the advice and I hope it is used to stop the newspapers from exceeding their rights. I believe in "Freedom of the Press" but this has nothing to do with that. It is purely financial in nature to get their ads delivered to non subscribers.

RONC

quincy

Thank you for the update, rechmbrs. It is nice to know that your complaints appear to have had a satisfactory result. I hope your property will remain free of newspaper litter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">