• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nine days left before litigation starts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hexeliebe

Being resolved as I type this;
I just wanted to thank you for posting this update so that others wouldn't waste time in coming here and posting an answer.

You wouldn't believe the number of people who think nothing of posting their question in every thread just to get someone to notice. And then imagine the pissed off people who have taken the time to answer only to find out it's all over the board.

Again, thank you for showing some class.

O

Owlery

Update~

Folks...

In the spirit of being responsible and self taught (not to mention I have moderated a light hobbyist vbulletin forum in the past) I have sought archived answers to my particular situation rather than post redundantly (and perhaps annoyingly) on a topic that may have already been covered repeatedly.

Alas, I haven't found anything, and I ask that you forgive me for bumping this thread.

I am emotionally exhausted; I gratefully accepted the advice to seek a non-litigating alternative to resolving this issue, and I am now left with a bigger mess and a great deal of pain as a result. I am glad I tried though, and that advice was very helpful to me at the time.

Once the check cleared, the non-profit I worked for instantly began dragging their feet on hardware purhases. We had come to an agreement (verbal, not written) to purchase hardware for the community...this did not happen. When I requested a copy of the itemized proposal, I was told that I was being "beligerent". I received a letter today that says if I step foot in their building, they will have me arrested.

What I have (ALL I have) is the fact that my proposal for the class and the hardware is copywritten material, or is at least pending copyright, and is in my name. Microsoft sent out a letter saying that this is what attracted them to the program and is WHY they issued funds in excess of $29,000 to provide resources for this proposed program.

I am nearly delirious with rage and sadness, but feel that I have behaved well; I haven't abused anyone or vented my frustration in a way that would justify receiving a letter from them excluding me from this non-profit. I know that they have been operating in the red for some time, and are probably funneling these funds in to other projects.

Can I sue in small claims court for the instructor fees? Petty, but likely to compensate me personally for my time.

What I want to do is contact Microsoft and let them know that the author of their TEC grant has been dropped, the non-profit is using my work without my permission, and using the grant for purposes other than what it was intended for.

The payoff won't be in money, but it will be satisfying to blow the whistle on abuse of public funds.

Is it permissable to name the involved parties? I don't know what good it will do, but for the record I would like people to know about this unscrupulous group of folks who are operating in my community. If I can't get satisfaction any other way, I could at least name them here.

Please help me! I am a nerdy office politically-unsavvy person who needs guidance; please help me do the right thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">