• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

nine year old daughter shot in face

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

futurenurse

NC, My nine year old daughter was shot in the face by an eleven year old boy who used a pellet gun. His parents filed this on their homeowners ( Nationwide ). The adjuster said that all medical bills would be taken care of. As far as compensation it would be at least a year so they can see how bad the scar is. At that time then they will put the money in a trustfund until she reaches 18. Neither myself or her father can touch this money. The pellet is still in her face and has caused some paralysis. The surgeon wants it to surface before he gets it out so the scar won't be as severe. I have contacted attorneys after attorneys and no one will take the case and I don't know why other than it is going to be a long case. Can someone advise.

JETX

At this point, unless there is some specific urgency, you really don't need an attorney.

Just be sure that you contact the insurance company every few months to make sure that your case stays in action. Then, when appropriate, try to negotiate an acceptable settlement. If you can't, that would be the time to hire an attorney to represent your interest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">