• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NJ rent control tenant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

emcibs

Passaic New Jersey
I have purchased a building with 6 apartments. 3 aparments are under rent control of Passaic NJ, including apT #2.
I bought the building with the stipulation of me wanting APT # 2 as my living quarters. The seller's attorney informed Apt # 2 that they have 60 days to move out ( their lease expires in 60 days). Now that i own the building apt #2 does not want to move out. I informed them they can stay but to raise the rent more than the rent contol law allows. Apt # 2 agree to sign any paper/contract i submit to them. Is this contract legal? I am setting up my self for legal problems in the future. PLEASE HELP.

HomeGuru

emcibs said:
Passaic New Jersey
I have purchased a building with 6 apartments. 3 aparments are under rent control of Passaic NJ, including apT #2.
I bought the building with the stipulation of me wanting APT # 2 as my living quarters. The seller's attorney informed Apt # 2 that they have 60 days to move out ( their lease expires in 60 days). Now that i own the building apt #2 does not want to move out. I informed them they can stay but to raise the rent more than the rent contol law allows. Apt # 2 agree to sign any paper/contract i submit to them. Is this contract legal? I am setting up my self for legal problems in the future. PLEASE HELP.
**A: and where is your attorney?

JETX

"mwaahahahaha"

Please don't hijack someone elses thread. It is both rude (to them) and confusing (to everyone else).
Delete your post and start your own thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">